Paroxetine is a drug that fall under the group of SSRI drugs i.e. selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. Basically, it is an antidepressant drug. This drug helps in the treatment of anxiety, depression, et al.
The generic name of Paxil is Paroxetine.
How does it work?
Paxil (Paroxetine) works by altering the chemicals in the brain that get unbalanced due to one condition or the other leading to mental issues. By restoring the balance, Paxil (Paroxetine) restores good mental health.
Indications of Paxil (Paroxetine)
Paxil (Paroxetine) is indicated for use in:
- PMDD (premenstrual dysphoric disorder)
- PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder)
- OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder)
- Brisdelle, which is a brand of paroxetine, is used for the treatment of hot flashes associated with menopause. It is not used for the treatment of any other condition.
Side- effects of Paxil (Paroxetine)
Paxil (Paroxetine) cause many side- effects. Some side- effects are serious and seek doctor’s attention while some are common and mild side- effects that go by themselves without medical intervention.
The serious side-effects of Paxil (Paroxetine) include:
- Allergic reaction: If you are allergic to any of the ingredient of Paxil (Paroxetine), an allergic reaction will manifest as swelling on face, throat, tongue and lips, difficulty in breathing, skin rashes or hives.
- Mood swings
- Behavioral changes
- Panic attacks
- Increased suicidal tendencies
- Feeling of hurting self
- Feeling aggressive, agitated, irritable, hostile, impulsive
- Feeling more depressed
- Feeling mentally or physically hyperactive or feeling restless
- Feeling extreme happiness or sadness
- Unusual risk- taking behaviour, racing thoughts
- Reduced need for sleep
- Talking more than usual
- Seeing halos around light, tunnel vision, blurred vision or pain or swelling in eyes
- Bruising or swelling, pain or tenderness in bone
- Unusual bleeding (rectum, vagina, mouth, nose) coughing up blood, easy bruising
- High serotonin level in body causing fainting, loss of coordination, diarrhea. Nausea, vomiting, overactive reflexes, rapid heart rate, fever, hallucination, agitation
- Low sodium level causing loss of coordination, weakness, slurred speech, confusion, headache, feeling unsteady
- Nervous system reaction leading to stiff muscles, high grade fever, sweating, rapid or uneven heartbeat, confusion, tremor, fainting
- Severe skin reactions causing fever, swelling on tongue or face, sore throat, burning in eyes, pain in skin, red or purple skin rashes causing blistering and peeling
- Change in appetite or weight
Common side- effects of Paxil (Paroxetine) include:
- Dizziness, drowsiness
- Vision changes
- Anxiety, shaking, sweating
- Loss of appetite
- Dry mouth
- Decreased libido, impotence, problems in having orgasm
How to take Paxil (Paroxetine)?
Take Paxil (Paroxetine) as advised by your doctor. Take the dose as suggested to you. The doctor will change the dose if needed.
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
You must not take this drug if you are pregnant.
If you are a nursing mother, take this medication if the benefits overweigh the associated risks.
A Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI), Paxil is used for treating depression, posttraumatic stress and social anxiety disorders.
Depression is normally caused by chemical imbalance in the brain. Serotonin is one such chemical, which sends electrical signals from one nerve cell to the other. Well, Paxil, which is a Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI) is found to be affective for treating depression, posttraumatic stress disorders and social anxiety disorders.
Paxil is taken orally. Normally one Paxil tablet is to be taken daily with or without food. It is better to take the tablet regularly for a couple of weeks for better results.
Better do not take double dosage. If missed a dosage, take it when you remember it. And if it is nearly time for the next dosage, skip the missed one.
Be careful when doing hazardous works and also when driving after taking the tablet. You may feel dizziness. Well, you should not smoke when taking Paxil and also be careful when taking alcohol.
Looking for a way overcome depression and look on the world with a different view? Paxil is here to help you bring back the joy of life and all the good things to be happy with. Many consider depression as something insignificant and don't treat it at all. And with modern rhythms of life the problem becomes very serious. Antidepressants like Paxil are an easy and safe way to treat depression on its various stages. Don't let it go too far and get Paxil today, for a better and happier tomorrow.
Our site offers a great opportunity to buy Paxil online. No, we don't offer the lowest prices on the web. We give you a list of pharmacies selling Paxil at really competitive prices, so that you could choose for yourself where to buy Paxil. These aren't the pharmacies that will ship you Chinese counterfeit drugs. We work only with reliable and highly regarded online drugstores, so you can be sure you'll get exactly what you have paid for. You can choose the shipping and payment method that suits you best and get Paxil at a lower price than you would pay in a real pharmacy.